Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Soft-hearted traveler

Well the day is finally here. Yes, it has come. In just a few hours I will make the short trek to Fullerton, CA to attend my team's pre-trip briefing! I can't really put into words what I happen to be feeling at this exact moment, but a few words could provide a decent starting point. I am excited, nervous, uncertain, scared, and hopeful! It's so easy to hide under the facade of complete and utter comfortability and confidence, but I want to be as upfront and honest with those who wish to walk with me every step of this journey.

As I mentioned in my first post, I want this trip to exemplify what it means to give your everything to serve the Lord. But another thing I hope to improve upon is to more fully understand what it means to love others as God has loved them. The song "Hosanna" by Hillsong United could not have put my desire better. In the bridge,

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours

Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity


What simple yet powerful words, huh? A brief aside. How often have you sung a song that so eloquently states your heart's true desire? And in those instances, how often have you shed a tear or two because you think just how awesome and good our God is to have blessed you in all the ways He has? I know I haven't as much as I'd like to.

For the last four years, I have been flooded with the mindset to pursue what's best for you and squash anyone who gets in the way. Do whatever it takes to get ahead and you always need one more dollar or another toy to be happy. I cannot wait to be among others who take life one step at a time and enjoy every thing they have as if it's the most priceless possession in the world!

Although I do not know exactly what me and my team will be doing each day of the trip, I know God will use us all powerfully.

Acts 20:22-24


"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

Well, I'm off. Look for another post next Tuesday, and don't forget to comment, please!



No comments:

Post a Comment